Let's Discuss! - "8D Music" - ...What the h*ll is that?!"

Let's Discuss! 

"8D Music" - What the h*ll is that?!

Hello World! Welcome back, my name is Benjamin (If you've read my other posts, hopefully you know this by now, and if you haven't read them, welcome!) This post will be very short, I suppose it's more of an informative post about a concept that I have literally just stumbled across while browsing on YouTube. Right, let's get to it then, shall we?...Let's Discuss! 

- 8D Music? am I missing something here? 

I was rather confused this evening, I have just tried to work out how a song that I just listened to can be 8 dimensional?! Well I'm sorry to disappoint you all, but a song unfortunately cannot be 8 dimensional. The 3 dimensions consist of height, width, and depth. A song can indeed be interpreted from our 3 dimensions, so we solved that question! 

However, a semi-recent growing trend of YouTube and other music streaming platforms is to offer listeners with the opportunity to listen to music in 8D. Basically, this means that the track is edited to sound as if it is revolving around you. In other words, it feels like your favourite artist or band is running around in circles (around you) playing their biggest hits. It is a very strange experience at first.

I listened to "Lose Yourself" by Eminem and I also listened to some classic Nintendo VGM and I must say, 8D music is pretty damn cool! I would highly recommend typing "8D Music" into YouTube and trying it yourself....Oh and one more thing...use headphones for the best experience.

8D Music - Give it a go today!

- What does the future hold for 8D Music? 

In theory, 8D Music can be applied to a number of mediums. I suppose you could use it in Video Games, especially VR games. More interestingly, I think it would work well in the world of Advertising

Can you imagine seeing an advert for a new car, but instead of generic melancholy music in the background or outlandish scenarios with overly-upbeat music, you add a more immersive touch. You could utilise the 8D music effect to take the viewer/listener deep into a forest, or perhaps you could drive along the coast or you could even chase the viewer/listener and convince them that the car is in the room with them! Interesting ideas, right? (You heard it here first!!!)

Well, thank you for reading my short (but hopefully sweet) post about 8D music! I hope you enjoyed it - see you again soon for an extra special "Let's Discuss" post!

Benjamin Andrew 95! 

Comments

Popular Posts