Let's Discuss! - "Nintendo @ E3 2021" - Do people have unreasonable expectations?

 Let's Discuss!

"Nintendo @ E3 2021" - Do people have unreasonable expectations?

Hello, world! Welcome back, my name is Benjamin! Today I would like to discuss something that happened yesterday... a huge event in the world of gaming! I have some thoughts on the feedback that I have seen in terms of Nintendo's E3 Direct. 

Hold on....what on earth is "E3?" 

Ah, good question.....I should not assume that everyone who is reading this knows what E3 is, let me try my best to explain what it is. OK, so "E3" stands for Electronic Entertainment Expo. It was inaugurated on the 11th of May 1995, and since then it has been an annual event for major video game developers, publishers, and hardware manufacturers to showcase their latest developments. In other words, it's a big annual show for video games, ta-da! 

Now that we have defined what E3 is, I would like to focus on Nintendo and their contribution to the show...Let's discuss! 

Brand new 3D Mario?! Metroid Prime 4?! BOTW 2 by Xmas 2021?!

Nope! None of the above I'm afraid! Although...we did get confirmation that Metroid Prime 4 is under construction. We also got a new 2D (kinda 3Dish) Metroid game, which looks great! On top of that, we got a short trailer for BOTW 2, which is due to release "sometime in 2022"...and in terms of a brand new 3D Mario, well...I doubt that will happen until the next big hardware release from Nintendo. I also forgot to mention that we will also get a reboot of the classic Advance Wars games, a new WarioWare, a new Mario Party (which looks pretty good to be fair) + a new Super Monkey Ball! 


Nintendo E3 2021 - Too much hype?


What a s**t line-up! What about Legend of Zelda's 35th Anniversary?!  

OK, so this is EXACTLY why I am writing this post! I have seen SO many Nintendo fans throwing their Mario Plushies out of the pram over this E3 Direct. I believe that fans are being so unreasonable! I understand that rumours have been circulating about a Switch Pro + The Legend Of Zelda 35th Anniversary Collection (3D collection), but that doesn't warrant the disappointment and spoilt attitudes towards yesterdays E3 announcements. 

The rumour mill is so damaging to peoples expectations, I really believe that the number of rumours circulating on YouTube and popular forums are incredibly annoying. However, I always take rumours with a pinch of salt because they are RUMOURS! They are not set in stone and they are often far from the truth. I also loathe the "verified leakers" that are dotted around the internet as well. OK, they might have been right on a couple of occasions, but that doesn't mean that they can be "verified".

I think people should try to anticipate future releases, but people should try to curb their enthusiasm towards rumours and leakers. After all, it always ends in tears! 

So, what were your highlights from the E3 Direct?

Well! Contrary to a lot of fellow Nintendo fans that I have contact with, I am absolutely hyped for The Legend of Zelda Game & Watch! It looks absolutely beautiful and I welcome it with open arms. I have placed my pre-order and I am hyped to get my hands on the device! I think Nintendo deserve a pat on the back for thinking about collectors and bringing back the classic Game & Watch hardware with a modern twist. 


10/10 & A+ for Nintendo on this one!

So...what is the future for rumours and leakers?

I think people should try to anticipate future releases, but people should try to curb their enthusiasm towards rumours and leakers. After all, it always ends in tears! It's sad to see people have their hopes and dreams crushed, even if they are massively unrealistic! I think people should be entitled to dream big...but people should understand that A+ video games are not made overnight, they are works of art, and that takes time, inspiration and dedication. 

Well! That's my thoughts and feelings on that topic. I thought Nintendo did well at E3 this year, hats off to them and I look forward to future releases in 2021. 

Thanks for stopping by guys, what did you think of E3 this year? 

Till next time! 

Benjamin Andrew 95!

Comments

Popular Posts